When is it time to upgrade your electric service panel?

Electrical power is one of the most profound innovations that mankind has established over the years of evolution. It has its own significance in facilities, buildings, and even your own home! It creates an environment of modernized inventions and materials that further assist mankind to work efficiently and swiftly.  Living without electricity is truly fearsome at this time of age. In fact, the usage of electricity has been utilized so much that it comes to effect that overused material and wiring can become an outcome of this over usage. Additionally, because of these overused materials and wiring, electrical malfunctions occur causing a catastrophic disaster of fire that can blaze through your home and other facilities that utilize electricity. BUT DON’T STRESS, electrical failures can be prevented and avoided. Homeowners themselves only need to replace their outdated electrical components, by just having an electrical panel upgrade. With simple decisions like that, you just prevented a house fire.


  • Faulty circuit breakers that cause immediate shut-off of power. 

An electrical switch known as a circuit breaker is connected to the circuit board of your house and stops the passage of electrical current when it senses a defect. The breaker switch will automatically shut off the flow of power via the circuit in the case of a fault. Thus, when constant shutting off of power caused by circuit breakers, it also means that there is an occurring frequent fault that is causing a defect or tripping. With outdated or overused electrical components, it is bound for a defect to happen. To avoid such occurrences and incidents, a sign of faulty electrical components from your circuit breakers is a call for an upgrade to prevent any disasters occurring.


  • Vigorous smell circulating of burning material

An electrical component often shuts off by itself when it begins to overheat. However, if not, this indicates or expresses that the safety mechanism on the electrical panel is malfunctioning, and you should have it replaced right away. You and your family are far more at danger of an electrical fire if this safety feature isn’t operating. Outlets and switches cause a vigorous smell of burning material due to the faulty wiring and material of an overheated/overloaded circuit. Once a smell begins to arise in your home or even notice electrical wires and outlets being warm to touch, have an HVAC expert or an electrician to accommodate repairs or upgrades to look for burning electrical components to further prevent fires arising.


  • Frequent flickering or dimming lights

Check to verify if your lights are on the same circuit as any electrical appliances you use, such as a microwave, air conditioner, or dryer, if you notice that they frequently flicker or dim when in use. You could occasionally be faced with an overloaded circuit, which means that the circuit is either old or connected with more appliances than it can support. Additionally, the electrical wiring in your home is either obsolete or unable to manage the amount of electricity flowing through it, which is another reason why your lights are flickering or abruptly dimming. Your light bulbs may dim or flicker when your demand for current is strong and the voltage drops. Due to the fact that they weren’t designed to manage current electrical loads, the majority of older homes have these problems. If your electrical panel isn’t capable enough to accommodate a wider range of electricity and is sufficiently outdated, then upgrading your electrical panel is the best solution to decide.


  • Sparks erupt when utilizing appliances or plugging-in necessary devices

At this time-period kids and teenagers as well as work-from-home adults utilize a lot of devices and gadgets to accommodate their needs and desires to dive in the Online-Media. Thus, plug-in devices and appliances are in play with this “Now Normal” setup as the world progresses and adjusts to the past crisis experienced. Additionally, too much utilization of plug-in devices and appliances can cause heat build ups in an outlet, it can moreover melt the insulation that surrounds the wires and the outlet itself. As the wires become exposed, the chance for an electrical fire increases. When a device is plugged in, the electrons can leap to the wrong area and cause a serious spark known as a short circuit. Furthermore, as time passes by, outlets can gradually wear out. The connections will gradually loosen, increasing the opportunity for a short circuit to occur. Which in turn all of the said factors can cause an electrical fire that is catastrophic enough to lead to disastrous events, best to face the issue with licensed professionals.


  • You hear sizzling or crackling sounds from the electric panel

Crackling sounds emanating from the electric panel or electrical outlets are typically a sign that the wiring in your home needs to be checked. The electrical wires are probably arcing, which indicates that they are experiencing issues as a result of wear and tear or physical injury. When electrical wires arc, the electrical flow is not confined within the wire but is moving from one area of the wire to another. Extremely risky is how you describe this issue. Any exposed electrical current has the potential to start a home fire and will keep the wire from getting better until it does. So stop doing anything and take these further measures if you hear cracking. Have it checked and assessed for assurance that no further problems will arise in the proceeding years.


Seek MH Electric Services!

When encountering electrical issues towards your electrical panel and components, MH Electric in Panorama City for the best electrical repair assistance. They are licensed professional technicians that embody the true essence of the field of electrical services. They received training from industry experts with years of servicing, repairs, and installation expertise in electrical work. They pledge commitment to provide top-notch client care and high-quality services. Every aspect of their work is guaranteed. They are a customer-focused business that bases its connections on reliability and excellence. With each customer, they want to establish a lasting relationship. In order to become your go-to electrical team, they strive to attain 100% client satisfaction.

Call MH Electrics Repair Now